Saturday, January 7, 2012

Plenty Of Ding Dongs




As a single working women I was tired of coming home to an empty apartment and eating alone every night. With very little time to socialize, I decided to try one of those online dating sites. A good friend suggested a site called PlentyOfFish. The name seemed strange to me, but I joined anyway. Well I stuck with it for about six months and all I can say is whoever says there's still plenty of fish in the sea must not be fishing in my area!

My first experience connecting with a man from POF started out okay. He said he was from France, and seemed genuine enough. I was excited about dating a French lover. On our first date, the first thing that he wanted to do was to go to his house for drinks. I wanted to get to know him better before going to his house. Besides, I was hungry. So I suggested we go someplace for some food. He very calmly sized me up and then said, “I am not interested in feeding you, I am only interested in having sex with you.” Well I suggested that if he touched me I would string him up by the eyelids and kick him in the nuts until he blinked!

You have no idea how long I could go on telling you about the weirdos that I met on POF. Married men, perverts, pigs who say they're looking for long term relationships but only want to get you in bed. The psychos that continue to call even after you tell them to go fly a kite, and threaten to call the police. There is even a Gaga video that shows POF being used in prison. From my experiences, I will bet money that prison inmates have full access to this site.

In my experience, I have never found such a concentration of fakes, cheats and liars before. And they are all in one convenient place to boot! In my several months with POF I met over twenty guys in person. Most of them never got past the first date. A couple got to the second date but no farther. And it turns out that the only one with more potential than that confessed to be an illegal alien on the fifth date. I liked the guy, but with an agenda like that I could never be sure why he was interested in me. One way that I found to cull out a lot of them was to insist on going on video chat with them. I kept setting up throw away accounts on Hotmail just for that purpose. Many would not, and several who did should not have because they looked unkept, and nothing like their pictures. POF does have its good points I suppose. If you are of average or even a bit below average in the looks department, you will get more than your fair share of attention.

The last straw for me with POF came when I made a date with a so called registered accountant, who by the way lives in a first class condo in down town New York. Everything was great. He took me to a top of the line restaurant. After questioning my tastes in food, he ordered for me, which was quite different than what most men would do. He ordered a really nice Pinot Grigio to go with our meals. I did something that night that I rarely do. I went to his apartment after the first date. He just seemed so top line and on the up and up that I did not feel any uncertainty at all. We listened to music and snuggled on the couch.  Of course, the inevitable happened. The creep got around to telling me that he wanted me to prance around his apartment naked wearing nothing but a horse tail butt plug. Well after I hit him with my purse and told him what I thought of him I galloped out of his life.

At that point, I went home and deleted my profile on Plenty Of Fish. It seems to be a popular site, but for me it was a complete waste of time. I was so discouraged about this site that I vowed I would never again use a free dating site of any sort. My friend, seeing how disillusioned I had become, decided to do some searching of her own. She told me she had stumbled upon a link that took her to a page that was full of dating site links for all kinds of dating preferences. She twisted my arm a bit and got me to at least check it out to see if I could find a better place than POF. I was rather surprised when I got there. There were tons of dating sites, and they were arranged in categories depending on what you wanted. It even had sites that specialized in gays, lesbians and swingers! After carefully checking out the different sites I choose a couple to try. Anyway, it was a good move because now I am meeting men who are looking for longer term commitments rather than just a roll in the sack. My social life suddenly got a whole lot better, and I am enjoying life again.

You will find that most dating sites are on the up and up, but some just have a disproportionate amount of idiots on them. You have to be on your guard all the time. Even the very top notch sites have their fair share of morons. Always be careful what you give out about yourself on the web in general. Safe sex starts with safe hex – keep your profile clean and keep personal address and contact information out of it. Even if a site is doing a great job at filtering out the weirdos, some still squeak through.

So visit the link below. It has some great advice for online dating as well as lists of recommended dating sites. I think you will find what your looking for just like me. Good luck.


Dating Advice for Women

No comments:

Post a Comment